PayProp has been named Supplier of the Year – Products & Services (Business), and also won silver in the Supplier of the Year (Technology) – Agency Software category at the prestigious Negotiator Awards on 24 November 2023.
The awards cap a year of glittering accolades for the automated rental payment and client accounting specialists, which also clinched Best in Sector – Payment Services for the sixth year in a row at the coveted ESTAS awards in October.
The 2023 finalists and winners were unveiled at a sparkling gala dinner at Grosvenor House, Park Lane, London, capping off a day of industry insights and networking at The Negotiator Conference & Expo.
Ronni Ancona, acclaimed actress, comedian and impressionist, and Hal Cruttenden, renowned stand-up comedian, presided over The Negotiator Awards ceremony, adding a touch of humour and glamour to the celebration.
Bernadette Sheridan, Head of Sales at PayProp UK, expressed PayProp’s appreciation for the acknowledgment, saying, "We are deeply honoured to be recognised by the industry with these amazing awards. It further strengthens our commitment to delivering innovative solutions and exceptional service to our clients, solidifying our position as trusted partners in PropTech."
PayProp also sponsored New Agency of the Year, with Cardigan Bay Properties taking home the gold, as well as Lettings Agency of the Year (small), won by Hewitt Adams.
Conference designed to build industry confidence
PayProp further also sponsored and attended the Negotiator Conference & Expo, which took place earlier in the day.
Themed "The True View," the conference aimed to provide practical advice, offering estate and letting agents a realistic and clear perspective of the current and future trajectory of the housing market. The event was emceed by Simon Jack, BBC's Business Editor.
The conference featured a diverse agenda including:
- The year ahead: Simon Jack, BBC's Business Editor, provided a political and economic outlook for the UK in 2024, offering insights into the challenges and opportunities facing the property market.
- The Leaders Panel: A panel of speakers representing organisations with hundreds of thousands of property professional members discussed their views on the year ahead, outlining priorities for attendees. The panel included Nathan Emerson, CEO of Propertymark; Ben Beadle, CEO of the National Residential Landlord Association; Mairéad Carroll, representing the RICS; and Iain McKenzie, CEO of The Guild of Property Professionals.
- The Mythbusters Panel: Industry experts busted myths circulating in the residential property industry, fostering a wider conversation on current misconceptions. They included Katy Billany, Twenty EA, speaking about 'Online agents are dead, and we no longer need to worry about them.'; Tim Bannister, Rightmove, who covered 'Go in high when pricing a property, and you’ve nothing to lose by reducing the price later.'; Tom Bill, Knight Frank, who spoke on whether the signs in the industry mean 'This is a re-run of the global financial crisis.'; and Charlotte Harrison, Skipton Building Society, who outlined whether 'Higher interest rates and cost of living pressures make for a depressing market in 2024.' Kate Faulkner OBE, Designs On Property, weighed in with expert insights on all these topics.
- AI and property: Professor Mike Tipping, an authority on machine learning, explored the impact of artificial intelligence on the property sector, shedding light on its opportunities and challenges. The panel discussion after the talk included Luke Loveridge, CEO and Founder of Propflo; Heather Staff, Co-founder of Street; and Ruth Beeton, Partner, practising Solicitor and the Co-founder of Home Sale Pack.
- The A Team: Three of the UK's foremost agency coaches provided invaluable advice to help agents navigate the months ahead, addressing different areas of business life. Expert insight was provided by Clare Yates of C Y Training Works; Mark Burgess of Iceberg Digital; and Michael Day of Integra Property Services.
- Direct Action Pack Presentations: Property specialist partners presented analyses of delegate agents' businesses, offering insights for instant improvements in business practices. Providing the analysis were Jeremy Harford Tapp of HomeFlow; Annabel Goulden and Richard Combellack from the Nurtur.Group; and David Mintz representing Kerfuffle & ViewAgents
The conference was attended by hundreds of letting agents, sales experts, landlords and suppliers.
Neil Cobbold, PayProp UK's Managing Director, attended the event and praised its content and line-up of speakers. "The Negotiator Conference & Expo served as a vital forum for industry leaders to navigate the dynamic real estate landscape. The emphasis on practical advice and the diverse range of topics covered truly reflect the commitment of our industry to adapt and excel in these changing conditions."